5 questions to help you review, plan and improve for 2022
Rather than a full-blown goal setting program, I thought I’d lighten the load by crafting three groups of five pointed questions for reflecting on 2021 and setting an intention for 2022.
Grab some paper and a pen, print this out, or copy and paste this into your favourite note taking application and get to work 🙂
1-5: What went well in 2021?
- Looking back over 2021, what’s the one accomplishment that I am the most proud of?
- What’s a new habit I developed in 2021, and how did it positively impact my professional life?
- What was my single greatest lesson in 2021? How has it impacted me?
- What’s something I did for the first time in 2021? What did I learn?
- Who supported me the most in 2021? How?
6-10: What would have made 2021 better?
- Looking back over 2021, what didn’t go well, or go according to plan? Why?
- What’s an area of my professional life I neglected in 2021?
- Where did I waste time in 2021?
- What’s something – a bad habit, a trait – that held me back from achieving more success in 2021?
- What or who do I need to leave behind in 2021?
11-15: What needs to change for 2022 to be my best year yet?
- What would I like to achieve in my professional life over the next 12 months?
- What’s one thing, that I am not doing right now, that if I paid more attention to that area I believe that it would generate a greater level of success for me in 2022?
- What’s one thing that I will stop doing (say no to) to in 2022?
- What’s a rule or boundary I need to create that will help me to spend more of my time in the right areas in 2022?
- What’s a single habit I need to develop and work on that will have a dramatic impact on my professional life in 2022?
Once you’ve answered the questions, and you have some direction for 2022, have a think about what books, resources and people can help and support you to make 2022 your best year yet.
All the best!