It’s Jim Rohn’s birthday in September – he would have been 86 years old on 17th September 2015.
When I need inspiration, or if I’m simply not sure what to listen to, I default to a Jim Rohn audio.
He is absolutely my favourite philosopher. He shares so much wisdom.
I have listened to The Art of Exceptional Living to the point where I can speak it along with him – similar to how you sing along to your favourite song! It’s very much the same thing.
To celebrate my fondness for Jim Rohn I thought I’d put together my favourite Jim Rohn quotes here on my personal blog.
I’m sure you have your own favourites, and if I’ve not included them here please accept my invitation to pop your favourites into the comments section below.
Chris Marr’s top 20 Jim Rohn Quotes
1. “Don’t wish it was easier wish you were better. Don’t wish for less problems wish for more skills. Don’t wish for less challenge wish for more wisdom”
2. “If you don’t need much, you won’t become much”
3. “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.”
4. “I will take care of me for you, if you will take care of you for me”
5. “It’s not the blowing of the wind that determines your destination, it’s the set of your sail”
6. “If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.”
7. “It isn’t what the book costs; it’s what it will cost if you don’t read it”
8. “Profits are better than wages. Wages make you a living; profits make you a fortune.”
9. “We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret.”
10. “If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.”
11. “Don’t join an easy crowd; you won’t grow. Go where the expectations and the dem ands to perform are high.”
12. “Miss a meal if you have to, but ever miss a book”
13. “Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.”
14. “If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.”
15. “Work harder on yourself than you do on your job”
16. “Motivation alone is not enough. If you have an idiot and you motivate him, now you have a motivated idiot.”
17. “If you don’t like how things are, change it! You’re not a tree.”
18. “Take care of your body, it’s the only place you have to live”
19. “Time is more valuable than money. You can get more money, but you cannot get more time.”
20. “Be a student not a follower”