6 Questions to Kick Start Marketing in Your Business
Detailed below are 6 simple questions that you should ask yourself when thinking about starting to promote and advertise your product and services.
If you can I would advise that you get your team involved at this early stage. I’m certain that they will have some fantastic ideas and this will be a great way to get them involved in, and bought into, the marketing process.
These questions will help you think about the what, where, why, when and how of your marketing campaign and also how you are going to measure the success of any marketing campaign, which is VERY important.
I advise that you use a brainstorming technique that you are comfortable with when asking these questions so you can capture all your thoughts and ideas in one place.
- Why will someone do business with you and not your competitors?
- What makes you different? What is your Unique Selling Point (USP)?
- Who are your market?
- Paint a picture of you preferred customer – think about the demographic, their interests, and how you can appeal to them.
- Where are your target market?
- Find out where your market are, which will help you when delivering your message. How can you get your message to many people at once?
- What kind of message do you want to send to them?
- What will appeal to your audience?
- How will you deliver the message?
- What media appeals to your market?
- How will you know that your marketing efforts have been successful?
- What can you put in place to measure the success of your campaign?
It would be great to have some input from you. Please leave comments for discussion below.